Dental Crowns - Bromsgrove
A crown is placed over your tooth, designed to fix teeth that have been broken, weakened by decay or have a very large cavity.
The crown fits over the remaining part of a prepared tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape of a natural tooth. It can be tooth coloured, giving the restoration a more natural appearance so it fits in with the rest of your teeth.
If you have had root canal treatment you will need a crown to protect the tooth, allowing you to eat and bite down on it as if it was a real tooth.
We use the best materials for crowns in conjunction with the best laboratories. We consult with you which type of material is best for your teeth and what you would like to choose yourself.
The types of crowns available for you are:
* Porcelain bonded to precious metal: this is the most common type of crown. A precious metal base is made and then porcelain is applied in layers over it.
* Porcelain: these crowns are made entirely out of porcelain and are not as strong as bonded crowns, however they can look very natural and are most often used for front teeth.
* All-ceramic: this modern technique offers a metal-free alternative, which can give the strength of a bonded crown and the appearance of a porcelain crown. Therefore it is suitable for use in all areas of the mouth.
* Glass: these crowns look very natural and can be used anywhere in the mouth.
* Gold-alloy crowns: gold is one of the oldest filling materials. Today it is used with other metal alloys to increase its strength, which makes it very hardwearing. These crowns are silver or gold in colour.
Crowns usually take two visits. In the first appointment, we shape the tooth and take impressions to send to our laboratory. We place a temporary covering on your tooth because it takes one week for the laboratory to hand make a unique crown to fit your tooth. You will return for the second appointment where we can cement the crown into place.
Bromsgrove Dental Clinic is supported by a warm, friendly reception team and top notch dentists.
We offer a wealth of excellent dental treatments along with our reassurance & peace of mind.
Address: 1A Highfield Rd, Bromsgrove, Worcester, B61 7BD
Phone: 01527 874 537
Schedule a Consultation Now!
Get in touch with our friendly reception team to book your appointment today!
We offer FREE Oral Cancer Screening Sessions.